Saturday, March 24, 2012

Uncommon Grounds - Watertown, MA

I haven't eaten pancakes outside my own kitchen since...well, I can't remember that point, but I was young. Today changed that. Uncommon Grounds in Watertown, MA made me my very own gluten free blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup! These pancakes did not disappoint! One of the best parts: the blueberries are served on top, not in these fluffy cakes, which makes them all the more delicious in my opinion. Perhaps my favorite option is that you can order the pancakes either solo, double, or as a triple stack. Those of us who aren't used to eating them (ahem...me) had trouble finishing the ambitious two I ordered because they were so filling.

Uncommon Grounds has all kinds of traditional breakfast fare, like eggs and omelettes, that are naturally gluten free. Breakfast, for me, is usually a safe bet yet always lacks something because I have no toast options - well, not at this place. They serve up Udi's multigrain toast (my wonderful Hubs ordered it with his meal) alongside eggs, homefries, and any meat you might like. Having such great bread translates into being afforded delicious sandwiches in the afternoon hours. I can't wait to go back and try one.

I highly recommend Uncommon Grounds, but it has limited seating and fills up quickly. So if you have gluten-free tiny humans, you might want to be there early.

Three and a half stars out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment